View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 01:07 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi MrsD, thanks for your reply. I was hoping you would respond as you seem to be a wealth of knowledge on this website!

The R-ALA I am taking is stabilized, according to the website. It is the Jarrow brand. I am considering switching to Doctor's Best brand, it seems to have better and more reviews.

I have not be tested for that genetic defect. Who would I speak with about conducting such a test? Would either the rheumy or neuro be able to do that? I'm not too familiar with the gene, but just spent a few minutes reading about it. I am anemic (however it is improving with iron supplementation) and I do have high blood pressure that I am on medication for. I have an elevated c-reactive protein and sed rate, implying inflammation.

I guess my ultimate question is, what good are the supplements if I don't know the root cause of the neuropathy? I have had two A1C's at 5.6% and a fasting glucose of 94, both of which I think are elevated, but I can't get a single doctor to agree that I could be pre-diabetic and that my neuropathy could be stemming from high blood glucose. And now with this positive rheumatoid factor, I'm torn between wondering if the PN is from an autoimmune disease.

I guess I wont know until I see the rheumatologist and the neurologist anyway, but I have 3 weeks until both of those appointments and I am so depressed and anxious over what is happening to me.
mskari85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote