View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 05:51 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Aw! Most of us can certainly empathize with you. It's not fun and kind of scary when that happens. I've had a slow build up to it and a sudden, legs don't want to function/move. The sudden ones are the worst because there is not planning involved. At least if I can feel the muscle fatigue before doing something I can choose whether or not to actually do it.

I use a cane most of the time when going out walking but some days I need to use the walker (rollator). I do fine with the cane for shorter distances when I am not have balance issues or walking difficulties. Longer distances, it's the cane. In the stores, I use the motorized carts if they have them. It makes shopping so much easier!!! If they don't have motorized carts, I have to use the shopping cart as my "walker" and the trips in those stores are usually short, like get what I need and get out kind of short, unless I'm having a particularly good day. Definitely consider getting both the cane and the rollator. I don't know what insurance you have but check to see if they cover the cost of the rollator. Your doctor can write a script for it if it is covered.

I hope you are doing better!
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bddouglas (06-02-2016), NurseNancy (06-03-2016)