View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 04:41 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janieg View Post
You probably won't find any doctor who will say it's the cause, and it well may not be, but if your glucose is spiking high when you eat carbs, it's certainly not helping matters. High blood glucose is a definite known insult to nerves, although they can't seem to quantify it.

One thing is for sure...improving your diet by cutting back on sugar and carbs in general is certainly going to do you no harm, and may even help you avoid getting that pre-diabetic or diabetic diagnosis some day.
You're totally, totally right. Even if it isn't the cause for the PN, it's still good to avoid. I've been eating a low-carb diet for a few weeks, as I am trying to lose weight anyway.

Today I got a blood glucose test monitor thingy and I tested my sugars throughout the day and quite honestly, I almost hope to never become diabetic because pricking my finger might as well have been the literal end of me. I am such a baby! Some curse words slipped out a time or two. lol

But my numbers were pretty good. My fasting morning glucose was 78 today. An hour and a half after eating breakfast, it was up to 92. Before lunch I was sitting at 88, an hour and a half after lunch I was up to 97, but I did eat more carbs with lunch. So I guess I will keep trying for a few days and get different numbers trying different foods, but I don't think I have diabetic neuropathy.

Thanks for your advice though, you are right on the money.
mskari85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote