View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 11:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskari85 View Post
You're totally, totally right. Even if it isn't the cause for the PN, it's still good to avoid. I've been eating a low-carb diet for a few weeks, as I am trying to lose weight anyway.

Today I got a blood glucose test monitor thingy and I tested my sugars throughout the day and quite honestly, I almost hope to never become diabetic because pricking my finger might as well have been the literal end of me. I am such a baby! Some curse words slipped out a time or two. lol

But my numbers were pretty good. My fasting morning glucose was 78 today. An hour and a half after eating breakfast, it was up to 92. Before lunch I was sitting at 88, an hour and a half after lunch I was up to 97, but I did eat more carbs with lunch. So I guess I will keep trying for a few days and get different numbers trying different foods, but I don't think I have diabetic neuropathy.

Thanks for your advice though, you are right on the money.
Those numbers are beautiful. Very generally speaking, you want to keep your post-meal glucose under 120 or 140 at the most. Despite A1C and fasting glucose numbers similar to yours, if I eat a high carb meal, I can spike into the 190s and not come back down to good values for four to five hours.

I'm definitely not diabetic, though. I just checked my blood sugar, and it was 70...which is getting a little too low. My body apparently doesn't understand the concept of moderation.
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
madisongrrl (06-04-2016), mskari85 (06-04-2016), pinkynose (06-04-2016)