View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 12:26 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Our weather was unseasonally good today, in the high 70's. I love yard sales to it's just that when I get to one, I can't see anything I want. If my Mom or sister was at the same yard sale they we would leave with a full car. I don't know how we can be at the same place and not see the same things.

I am used to drinking a lot of ice water, about 10 glasses a day. But Charlie is used to drinking soft drinks and with his ulcerative colitis got used to drinking a lot of chocolate milk because he said it would help him to get rid of all the gas pockets and finally have a huge diarrhea stool and get rid of the pain. So now after his surgery they are telling him he needs to drink 2 liters of fluid a day, preferably water. Soda will give him gas which will take up a lot of space in his stomach and small intestine which is all he has left. So he is trying. Our fridge is old and the ice maker is bi-polar. I hope that does not offend anyone by using that terminology. Most of the time it is in it's depressive state only making about a glass full of ice a day. But then it gets in its manic state filling the bin in a couple of hours and at times it has overflowed. So we keep the old fashioned ice trays. Well the two trays we have was enough for me but not for Charlie's needs now so I guess I had better go empty the trays in the bin and refill them.

Our surgeon called us today just to check on us. Also the pathology report is negative!!!! The poor guy is getting cabin fever and wanted to go to Denny's tonight for their $4 biscuit and gravy meal. I had gone out to the pharmacy for refills, new meds, etc and was gone for 2 hours. He got hungry and fixed up one of his creations. He takes a can of brine salmon, mixes in some Miracle Whip, puts in on a plate with a piece of cheese and microwaves it. But the salmon was leftover from before his surgery. I had meant to throw it away when it came time to put our trash out and forgot. He leaves it in the tin can it comes in and covers it up with aluminum foil. Stinks and I can't imagine what that tin can does to that salmon after those days.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (06-08-2016), tkrik (06-06-2016)