Old 06-04-2016, 05:20 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab_1379 View Post
For the past few months I have been experiencing a strange feeling on the left side of my face. To describe it, all I can say is that it feels like someone is squeezing that side of my face, but at the same time kind of feels numb with some tingling. I feel this more particularly in the corner of my left eye. Can anyone please help my in figuring out what this is?
Hi
I am new to this forum and really wanted to post as I have another similar story.
But I will say all these stories Sound to me like a nerve problems. Any numbness and tingling and other odd feelings tightness seem to be nervy.

I have been experiencing similar sensations on and off for nearly two years.
Mine started during a time I had a chronic systemic infection. While I was sick I started noticing feelings of pins and needles in the left side of my face which seemed to come and go for three months then after that I felt more of a sunburnt feeling from my left ear to my left eye with tightness feelings also like someone had injected concrete in parts of my face.
I now get odd feelings around left side of nose eyebrow area and chin and near left eye all on left side. It's like someone has pressed me in those areas at times. Then I have had a grazed feeling like my face has been rubbed with sandpaper. slapped feelings I get . burning acid feelings then odd aches. I have had the odd jab almost like an icepick. They all come and go in waves.
I have seen a neurologist and had MRIs. Mri was fine.
The latest she said about my case is that my symptoms are probably caused by the illness but I have a neuropathic pain in my trigeminal nerve. Like my nerve has been irritated. She mentioned it could be linked to my migraines also. I don't fit the classic TN symptoms with electric shock sensations. My pain is bearable mostly but not nice. There is still so many question marks on my diagnosis.
I've tried nortyptiline and topomax. Nortriptyline helped me but Could not handle topomax. I am currently off medication and am seeing an upper cervical chiropractor and am on a special diet, fish oil etc. it has not gotten worse but I have good days and then bad. So I can only wait and see and take one day at a time. If anyone has any other thoughts I would also appreciate it.
Jj72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote