View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 12:28 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default A few fibro questions

Hello everybody!

I want to preface these questions by stating that I have not been diagnosed with fibromyalgia (yet) but am in the process of seeing a rheumatologist - first appointment in 3 weeks.

That being said, I have had a few blood tests done to determine the cause of my extreme joint pain and neuropathy in my feet. I've had joint pain (that I have assumed is in my joints, anyway) for the past 3 years. It moves around from spot to spot, sometimes going away for months at a time. It's been at an all time horrible level as of lately, with 4-5 joints affected starting around 6-7 pm every single night. My blood tests came back with a positive rheumatoid factor (112) an elevated sed rate, and an elevated c-reactive protein. Negative ANA - ruling out lupus. My doctor thinks RA, but I honestly don't have much of the symptoms other than the joint pain. I don't really have the swelling, the redness, the lumps, the joint pain occurring in both joints at the same time. I also can't find anything about an RA flare lasting for weeks at a time with extreme flare ups every single evening.

Along with the joint pain is the neuropathy in my feet. Numbness, tingling, burning. The thing about it is though, it kind of comes and goes, but has been absolutely horrible lately along with my pain. I have a few other fibro symptoms as well, the extreme fatigue, depression & anxiety, and my symptoms are ALWAYS worse before a menstrual cycle begins.

I guess my main question is... can you have fibro with a positive rheumatoid factor? Or does this sound more like RA? I know I won't know until I see the rheumy and the neurologist for the neuropathy, but I am losing my mind a little bit. The pain is so bad at night.

A little bit about me: I'm 30, relatively inactive (although working on that) and I am overweight, but am losing weight. I've lost 55 pounds so far with weight watchers and have recently been cutting carbs and not eating gluten and nightshades.

Edit: I also want to state that my stress levels are through the roof lately as I am moving in a month and I really don't want to. I also used to be a binge eater and would eat my feelings (deep rooted childhood issues) and I have found that my anxiety is worse now that I am dealing with a few buried traumas and no longer just covering them up with food. Not sure if my emotional stress is manifesting itself into worsened physical symptoms.

Any advice would be so appreciated.
mskari85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote