View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 01:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLSmi View Post
Steve, it's clear to me that your DBS experience is "off the charts" exceptional. I also think your decision to decline the MRI or sign the release was wise.

Without doubt the neurosurgeons and the facilities there in Boston are top-notch. However it is hard to escape the conclusion, as you apparently did, that the MRI technicians, at the very least, were inadequately informed regarding the hazards or limitations of their equipment.

By contrast, I know that you are fully informed and confident regarding preparation and execution of springtime fishing forays in the bays and shoals of Rhode Island. Is Kevin still your fishing partner? Did those early tropical storms affect you?
Thank you for your thoughts Robert..I hope you are doing well..When I got down to Radiology and the tech asked me about the hardware in my body, she was very concerned..It gave me a bad feeling about the whole thing..And when the Radiologist told me about the risks that had actually happened, I decided that there was nothing in it for me but risks..So I made one the best decisions that I have made in my life..Don't do it

Yes, Kevin is still with me..He is a very good friend of mine, and has been for 35 years..We are having fun doing what we like do..Kevin was a fisherman for a long time..Then he got married, and got a job at General Dynamics in Quonset Point in North Kingstown, RI building submarines..He made good money over there, plus a pension..He turned 65 last November, and came back fishing..We made plans to be partners, and it has been great..The job is very challenging for a 65 year old guy, and a 63 year old guy with pd..But for better or worse it is an adventure that I would never regret
TryingMyBest (06-10-2016)