Thread: azathioprine
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 09:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Bluestone,
I cant believe it will be 4 years!! My brains in a bit of a fog at the moment, Ive got the flu, and I tend to shut down when Im not well.
I know it can be frightening when symptoms get bad, I fell over outside(I live on my own, with my dog) I couldnt move, not even crawl!! I was terrified, it took 20 minutes to crawl inside, when I told my neuro, he wasnt at all concerned, so the next time it happened, I just layed on the floor, til I could crawl back to bed(this happened a couple of years ago).
My medication is, Prednisilone was 60mg daily dec 2002, now Im on 15mg alternate days, azathioprine is still 75mg twice daily, and mestinon I was on 4 60mg daily and a timespan for the night, now Im on 1-3 60mg daily. I know my neuro wanted to play around with changing my azathioprine to a different drug because he wasnt happy with how I was going, but is waiting to see how I go. It must be very scary to have things get worse not better, I wish I had some answers for you, unfortunatley MG is so different for everyone. Are you able to have IVIG, I know this helps some people, Ive had 2 courses, and heard it has helped other people, but Im in Australia, and most medical care is free here, I know in some parts of the world it can be expensive.
I hope things start to improve soon,
take care
Redtail
redtail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote