View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 11:47 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Pinky,

This is actually a common symptom of neuropathy. It's there in the studies and a number of physicians, including 2 neurologists, have asked and spoken about this with me. Skin changes are common especially with SFN and shiny skin is typical, perhaps normal as it progresses. My feet have become more and more shiny over time.

Now, I find it humorous that your neurologist thinks he can clearly distinguish between aggravation and damage, especially when your neuropathy is chronic. The honest ones admit that they know very little here and that such distinctions have no basis really.

I hope that's helpful. My two cents based on my own experience, reading and physician consultations so far. Hope you're doing well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkynose View Post
I noticed about 6 months ago that the bottom of my feet are shiny and the palms of my hands are now as well. Do any of you have that and is it something I need to show my doctor?

I still have no diagnosis. My original neurologist said my nerves were being irritated, not damaged, but he couldn't find a cause. I am exploring the possibility that my SFPN symptoms come from a problem in my lumbar. Meanwhile it's been almost a year and a half of chronic burning and my concern is how much can they take before they are damaged if not already?

I doubt there is any real answer to this question as situations are different as are people but I'd sure love feedback.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EdmundUK (12-04-2016), ElaineD (06-05-2016), pinkynose (06-05-2016), Wiix (11-30-2016)