Thread: First post
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 04:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm so sorry to hear all that you have gone through and are going through. Please know that you are not alone...I have found so much strength and support in this group especially from the perspective of learning to live with and cope with this condition.

I was off of all meds for several years (I too never got any real relief from the meds I was on and they caused some nasty side effects). Now I am on a couple since I fell off a ladder 8 months ago...but am hoping to be off of them once they are able to treat this new additional injury and I can get back to baseline pain that I was used to functioning with.

I hope that this program works for you...it sounds like you are in good hands. I know things like desensitization therapy sound like a load of BS...but it helped me a lot. And from a mental perspective it was a huge win for me just to be able to wear normal clothes again.

Do not be afraid to share what you are feeling here...this is a safe place and I have learned so much from all the people on here during my years on this forum. The same things don't work for everyone...but one tip here, one suggestion there, and it adds up to reclaiming a more normal life. I can't do things the same way I did them before...and there are many activities that are beyond me...but I have found new hobbies that bring me joy and new ways to accomplish the same tasks and things I loved.

There is hope. You are very strong to have been through everything you have and to still be fighting. Take care and keep us posted on how you are doing.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (06-05-2016), DejaVu (06-14-2016), Inspiretoday (06-22-2016), St George 2013 (06-08-2016), zinnia (06-05-2016)