View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 08:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default PN and Post exercise crashes?

Hi everyone,I posted a few days back and for a few years prior to that.... After three years of systemic symptoms I was finally diagnosed with a dysimmune neuropathy (distal axonal and demylelinating and possibly sensory neuronopathy). I still have some tests to go trying to pin down exact cause, but for me it is definitely connected to a larger systemic issue.... possibly paraneoplastic, possibly connective tissue, possibly post infectious. (I show "reactivity" to antineural antibodies but not confirmed on western blot (if anyone knows what that means, please let me know why I would show up initially reactive, but ultimately not positive.)).

Anyway, recently, I have become very fibromyalgic (for lack of a better term) post exercise. I can exercise with little pain and for the most part feel strong and have stamina (not full but good enough), but 24-72 hrs later I feel like I have the flu and someone hit me with a baseball bat. Its quite scary and debilitating and im in such pain and feel such deathly malaise that its unreal. Almost like a chronic fatigue syndrome crash I would imagine. Since they suspect this is immune based, its not surprising. However, I just wanted to see if anyone else has the same experience and is it dangerous to keep exercising? As far as I know my CK levels are totally normal so there is no muscle damage....
Pyr2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ElaineD (06-08-2016), madisongrrl (07-07-2016)