View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 12:48 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Exclamation check legal aspects regarding mail

i would double check with the DV counselor and your lawyer about what to do with the mail, i.e. whether there needs to be some official address changing ... is his name on the lease? etc. only to avoid risk of doing ANYTHING that might compromise your case. it may not be acceptable to toss the mail ( tempting, eh?) nor perhaps to mark it "not at this address/return to sender" (esp. if name on lease), so do please check out the legal aspect of what you can/ought to do...

but i am certain you do NOT have ANY responsibility to FORWARD it to his dad! You may have to just let it pile up in a box or something. check with the courts for the best course of action. track straight.

i agree with Mari and Bizi about his Dad - I think best not correspond. Even if this man has been supportive at times, now that does not sound like the case. Apart from the emotional (un)support, i also think it safer to avoid information exchanges at all with him, about or not about the case. He could end up testifying against you, horrid as that sounds. Protect yourself. talk to the counselors, the legal services and courts; avoid contact direct or indirect with your husband, and avoid sharing information with potentially damaging third parties.

Please take care. I want you to feel better, and I want the state to slam him (into the slammer ).

hugs
w.