View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 04:04 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Everyone!

Doydie - That is great news! I'm so glad the pathology report was negative. It will take Charlie some time to adjust to eating differently as well as having to keep his fluid intake up to avoid dehydration. I think on the UOAA (??) site there is a list of foods that are ok for ostomates and foods to avoid. Some foods have caused people to have blockages and end up back in the hospital. It's kind of trial and error. Drinking fluids is so important especially with now that summer is here (or almost here). It is really, really easy for people with ileostomies to get dehydrated. I'm surprised they said 2 liters a day. You may want to double check that with the surgeon.

I haven't melted yet! Yeah! It's hot though. Yesterday morning, DD24 picked me up early in the morning to go to the store. We were home by around 10:30/11:00 a.m. She ran out to do some of her own shopping and I stayed with my grandson and rested while he napped. I did not want to venture out in to the heat. This morning it was over 80 degrees by 6 this morning. Yuck!!!

I hope you all have a great day!
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
doydie (06-06-2016), ger715 (06-08-2016)