View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 08:38 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

worriedmama,

1000 mgs of C and 400 iu of E is good. The B-50 does not have enough B-12. Be sure to add it. Curcumin has best potency if it is one of the concentrated forms, like C3 or another one I can't remember. Bioperine is important for curcumin absorption.

It is very important for him and even you to know that his good times are not license to try to return to normal activity levels. Recovery is best when those good times can be extended. The brain heals best when it is symptom free. Hopefully, you can help him learn to recognize when he is starting to push his good time limit. His eyes may look different. He may become irritable.

If he is reading, he may need to reread a line or if in a conversation, ask someone to repeat what they said. Basically, any time his focus or concentration has the slightest decline, stop and remove from the activity and stimulation. The more skilled he becomes at avoiding hitting his overload point, the faster he will recover.

A single event of over-doing it can undo weeks of improvement.

I don't want to scare you but my comment about the year time frame means it could easily take longer than a year. Nobody knows. But, statistics show a bell curve with a long gentle slope at time goes on. What is known is proper quiet rest and over-stimulation avoidance plays a big part in that time frame. Quiet rest means slowing down life, not sleep or napping. Proper sleep at proper times should be a goal. He should try to maintain the same wake-up time as he did during the school year.

His scout camp schedule sounds good. At least it gives you an opportunity to review him week to week.

I hope he has a good experience with those who are over-seeing him while he is away. It would be good to explain the over-stimulation observations I mentioned above to someone who will see him regularly. A simple conversation of asking how his day went and observing his ability to organize his thoughts could be a great barometer.

My best to you both.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote