Thread: IME Today
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 03:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you everyone. It was a rough appointment...always is because I am so sensitive to touch on my arms and left leg. The disappointing thing though was that this was the same doctor I saw last time for my IME several years ago when it was the injury that resulted in the RSD and the spread of the RSD to my upper body. At the time I couldn't walk or stand at all and was in the wheel chair. This doctor today told me that he was so worried about me when he saw me last time that he called the work comp attorney and told them that I was in need of immediate medical care because there was something seriously wrong with me. He said he told them to contact my attorney and let them know that I needed immediate medical attention. That was not in the report and I never heard anything about it (other than that he said at that previous appointment that he was going to call the work comp attorney and then came back 30 mins later and just told us we could leave). Since it wasn't in the report...I assumed it was just BS at the time...but it was very odd that he would mention that at THIS appointment if it hadn't really happened. The whole thing was very strange and I couldn't help but think that if that had all really happened and if something had happened to me or the seratonin syndrome had caused serious damage that they would some how be liable for something if it ever got out that they had that conversation. I cannot believe that if a doctor thought a person was in IMMEDIATE need for medical attention that they would let you walk out of their office without doing something more than calling a work comp attorney to tell them.

Anyway..the rest of the appointment and exam was fairly normal. I asked him what his thoughts were and he said that he wanted to see the results from the MRI first. I didn't really expect him to answer that question...but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. I had hoped that maybe this doctor would have the MRI results before I got there...but not surprised that he didn't.

So I'm home now and resting. Thank you all for keeping me in your thoughts and for your words of assistance and support.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (06-08-2016), DejaVu (06-13-2016), RSD ME (06-10-2016), St George 2013 (06-08-2016), zinnia (06-10-2016)