View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 07:05 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Confused Bryanna: Advice on Tooth#8 Issue/Retainer

Hi Bryanna,

I hope you can help me understand what I've recently been told by the dentist ... I was told my front tooth #8 (actually a crown) is loose, and I have had ongoing irritation on that gum line (I sent you a photo awhile back); it is slightly longer in length than the other front tooth #9. The Dr. mentioned crown lengthening; also filed down the corresponding bottom tooth "to take some pressure off"; however the issue continues. I think he said my bottom teeth were shifting some - they are not crowned. He mentioned making a night guard/retainer for the bottom. The quote was somewhat expensive IMO and would require 2-3 visits.

My confusion is why the crown lengthening was mentioned along with the night guard, or is the crown lengthening a premise to the guard? I did ask questions, but he was somewhat rushed and I wasn't quite understanding things :-(

I am concerned since it is my front tooth, and wonder what would happen if I did not get this guard? I am still in need of much work (in the thousands), so am just trying to tolerate what I can for the time being.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
bchristine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Winget (06-14-2016)