View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 12:03 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Charlie had his 1st follow up appointment today. The last couple of days he has had this hard area right above the top of his incision. He has called them masses and they scared him to death. I knew what they probably were but I couldn't convince him of that. So right after the nurse took his staples out, the doctor took a small blunt instrument, well actually it was a the opposite end of a q-tip and gently inserted into where the top staple was and the bloody pus just flowed out. So after he was done expressing it all out, he packed it and now I will do that 3 times a day. Just the difference of what he got out this morning and what I got out this evening before bed was huge. I hope this doesn't take to long although there is still a hard area there which hurts him. I am glad he totally trusts me in putting this medicated gauze in this little hole. And then I clean his sore bumm with warm paper towels. It still drains awful but there was no pus areas that needed to be packed. The doctor said that many times he has to pack both areas so am glad it is just the one although if we were packing Charlie would feel like we are doing something for the bumm. I guess God knew what He was doing when he matched up an RN with this stubborn grumpy guy. It was softened him a lot and we have sure done a lot more hugging since surgery. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (06-09-2016), ger715 (06-10-2016), NurseNancy (06-09-2016)