View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 01:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Flopper I'm sorry things aren't going as quickly or as smoothly as you'd like. But it sounds like they are on the right road, getting all the specialized tests done.

I was recently dx'ed with E, had a standard EEG, and was put first on Phenytoin, now starting the switch to Lamictal. And that's all I know. That's what I was told, and nothing more. I have learned more from this site than from my dr.

I found NT because I have rsd/crps, not for the E... but I have found this forum to very helpful. I have asked for a copy of my records, I'd like to find out more about what is going on with me. (I waited two weeks and called back, to find that I needed to sign a release to release them to myself, sheesh. And they didn't bother to tell me that when I called the first time.) Until my own dx, the last experience I had with E was a friend's son back in the late 70's, lol. All I knew about were 3 categories of seizures, no where near as many as there are now. I knew what I had were grand-mal, but I had NO idea that I was having the "absent" type too, I thought I was nodding-off from all the meds and pain pills I have to take. (I have E, rsd/crps and aids, so I never know what disease is causing what symptom... the neuro thinks the rsd/crps caused the E in the first place )

So, in a way you are lucky. You have what seem like pretty good and efficient dr.s, who are taking all necessary steps and tests.

So keep us posted on how all the tests go. I learn a LOT from you all talking about them, I can now talk to the dr. much more intelligibly at my next appt. Thanks everyone!

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote