View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Do you have the MCV level? Is it high normal or out of range high?

You could get an MMA test and/or homocysteine to see if your
test was accurate. A low MMA and high homocytestine would indicate that your body is not using B12 properly.

Labs do make mistakes.

Since you are looking at a possible low level, and anemia, get a copper level run too. Low copper leads to anemia.

Hi Mrs. D. Got a good one for you.

First, about my visit to a brand new podiatrist (who didn't kill me and my ingrown toenails). My former podiatrist used this drill and drilled into the corners of all my toenails and I jumped out of the chair (the pain was horrible). I screamed and he said "I'm not a spa" This was a dig to me because I used to go to get my feet done at the local nail salon and they always did a super job but my ingrown was bothering me so I went to him. Never went back.

So I had been going to the same person for my ingrowns for 6 months. Every two weeks. She made my feet fantastic, never had a problem.

But.....she quit three weeks ago and I won't let anyone else near me so I went to this new podiatrist.

He was wonderful, said my feet were in great shape for someone with diabetes for 28 years and had been diagnosed with neuropathy 10 years ago. He did his neuropathy test on me "do I feel this sharp or dull", etc. etc. He took my pulse in my ankle....etc. I did just fine. He said I should keep walking and I said 'no problem"

I told him about Alan and his journey with his neuropathy problem and the guy shook his head and said "that's a tough nut to crack".

Then I told him about my use of Methyl B-12 every day and he had this gleam in his eye and this big smile on his face and his exact words were "THAT STUFF IS MAGIC ISN'T IT???"

So I'm on the good road in keeping my neuropathy controlled, thank god for that.

Now here's what I want to run by you. The other night at Dunkin Donuts my friend's 59 year old daughter (beautiful woman, looks half her age, not overweight, holds a job) and we were talking and I mentioned neuropathy and she blurts out 'Oh I have neuropathy?"

I looked at her (I know her for 3 years now, and never knew this)

I said "You have neuropathy? Were you actually diagnosed?" She said "Oh yes, he did the filament test, and all the tests"

I said 'are you diabetic?" She said "no, that's the strange thing, they don't know why I have it, and I only get it in the winter, not the summer and in the winter my toes are completely numb".

I questioned her further and she replied that she does not get the zips and zaps that Alan and others get, it's just that her toes are completely numb when it's cold outside.

Then she further said "I have nodules on the bottom of my feet". I said "Can't the doctor remove them?" She said "He refused and he said "I'm not touching thses, because there are nerved involved and tendons and god forbid I touch the wrong thing........."

She also has psoriasis in various parts of her body (for a long long time). She wears things to cover it up and her doctor puts some kind of cortizone tape on her hands. Never heard of that one. I told her about Alan's acupuncturist and his thoughts on people coming down with these ailments and he thinks that everyone had the Epstein Barr Virus some time ago and that something triggered something in the body and these people came down with various conditions.

She said OMG, that's what my doctor said, he said I got this from shock". I said "what shocked you?" She said "My friend committed suicide'. I just looked at her. I said 'I'm so sorry".

Anyway, just wanted to share what I just found out.

Take care,

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote