View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 08:26 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Everyone is different. B6, has to be activated in the body as Pyroidoxine itself is not biologically active in the tissues. This conversion is dependent on B2 (riboflavin) and other biological factors, which can vary from person to person.

Deficiency as well as long term toxicity of high dose supplements both give clinical neurological signs so diagnosis is difficult. Even the testing may be faulty, so that furthers poor diagnostic accuracy.

Here is a good monograph about B6:
Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Vitamin B6 — Health Professional Fact Sheet

I think others here could benefit from some data, links that show the dosing in studies that becomes problematic. Anecdotal comments from patients, is not that helpful in the long run, IMO.
I have read almost every study that there is on B6 and doctors who are knowledgeable about b6 toxicity will agree that those ancient studies are incorrect. B6 can be highly toxic in some individuals and all individuals have a threshold. B6 is becoming a coming cause of neuropathy, especially in young healthy individuals who are unknowingly supplementing themselves with a substance that can ultimately ruin their lives. The bottles on the shelves of 100mg and 50mg are not safe and some doctors still prompt their use for reasons which have been proven as incorrect. A simple blood test will rule out a deficiency in b6. It is a supplement with a high risk and considering the majority of developed countries do not see serious b6 deficiency without patients with a history of bypass or anorexia, it should not be supplemented. I see many people everyday whose lives have been destroyed by this vitamin.
LisaAnnB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote