View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 09:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAnnB View Post
I have read almost every study that there is on B6 and doctors who are knowledgeable about b6 toxicity will agree that those ancient studies are incorrect. B6 can be highly toxic in some individuals and all individuals have a threshold. B6 is becoming a coming cause of neuropathy, especially in young healthy individuals who are unknowingly supplementing themselves with a substance that can ultimately ruin their lives. The bottles on the shelves of 100mg and 50mg are not safe and some doctors still prompt their use for reasons which have been proven as incorrect. A simple blood test will rule out a deficiency in b6. It is a supplement with a high risk and considering the majority of developed countries do not see serious b6 deficiency without patients with a history of bypass or anorexia, it should not be supplemented. I see many people everyday whose lives have been destroyed by this vitamin.
in what capacity do you see many people everyday whose lives have been destroyed by vitamin b6? i have peripheral neuropathy for almost 15 years now, live in a very large metropolitan area, attend in person several peripheral neuropathy support groups, have talked to many people over the years and have never met anyone in person whose life has been destroyed by vitamin b6. i have read about a couple of cases over those years of people taking too much b6 and it being the cause of their peripheral neuropathy, but very few.
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (06-12-2016), madisongrrl (06-12-2016), mrsD (06-12-2016), mskari85 (06-12-2016), PamelaJune (06-12-2016)