View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 09:05 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
in what capacity do you see many people everyday whose lives have been destroyed by vitamin b6? i have peripheral neuropathy for almost 15 years now, live in a very large metropolitan area, attend in person several peripheral neuropathy support groups, have talked to many people over the years and have never met anyone in person whose life has been destroyed by vitamin b6. i have read about a couple of cases over those years of people taking too much b6 and it being the cause of their peripheral neuropathy, but very few.
The b6 boards. There are thousands of people with it. It also isn't a coincidence that someone at my own work had the same thing happen. The fact of the matter is that many doctors do not test for it and so the person is labeled idiopathic. How many people have you met with idiopathic neuropathy?? I'm guessing quite a few. Even a person I know who I won't name, her neuro accidentally ordered the b6 test. Had she not ordered it by accident, She would have been labeled idiopathic and continued taking the very supplement that was killing her nerves. She didn't though and she actually got significantly better. Many doctors don't test for it or don't realize that labs return to normal in a matter of weeks, so even if they do order it, if the person isn't taking it anymore, the labs will come back normal. It is a definite problem flying under the radar.
LisaAnnB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote