Thread: qEEG
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 06:31 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

qEEG's are just a diagnostic tool. There are a wide variety of skills in using qEEG's in a therapeutically. A skilled therapist can use the qEEG waveform to help the patient to learn to correct the poor waveform. A common term is qEEG directed neurofeedback.

For some, the qEEG is only diagnostic as the poor waveform may not be correctable. My neuro was a pioneer with qEEG with over 6000 patients assessed but did not see any way qEEG directed therapy would help me.

qEEG's are not accepted at valid medical evidence in most cases because a ignorant neuro wrote a derogatory article and got it published in a national journal back in 1997. That tainted the use of qEEG. But, there are many comparative databases that have demonstrated 97% accuracy at diagnosing organic brain injury vs psychologically caused symptoms.

There are some well know qEEG clinics such as Dr Walker's in Dallas. In Herndon VA, check out Joan Ordmandy. If you find a clinic that sounds promising, post it and I'll check it out to see what they know.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JBuckl (06-13-2016)