View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 10:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Angels,

The ENT is right about the radiation from a single CT scan. However, this is not your first CT scan in the last year. So it is the cumulative (successive additions) of radiation that is concerning. Especially since your profession exposes you to radiation every time you fly. Is there any way he can use the most recent CT scan that you had instead of doing another one?

It is obvious that there is something in the area of where the tooth was removed and the sinus that has never been eradicated, it's been brewing this whole time. It could be cyst and/or a piece of infected tooth that was not removed at the time of the oral surgery to remove #15. That's why I had mentioned awhile back that taking the Fluoroquinolone antibiotic was not the answer to curing an infection if something had been left in the surgical site or in your sinus. All too often antibiotics are prescribed before the problem is definitively diagnosed.

I'm sure the ENT put you on antibiotics for the Kleb infection. If there is a foreign matter, piece of tooth or splintered bone or a cyst in that area, the meds will not cure the problem as long as there is something present that keeps the infection brewing.

Please get the ENT and the OS to collaborate on your case.

Bryanna

(

Hi Bryanna,
I have gone to another oral surgeon who absolutely was a waste of money. I have had the ct scans and everyone says well maybe there is something in the sinus but we think it is just packing they used when they removed the tooth. Do you think an MRI might be better in seeing if there is some sort of infection left there? . I am beyond frustrated and still feel like something is wrong. I am still having the sinus problems and also nose problems. I really don't know where to turn now. Do you have any suggestions? I am so tired of living with this.

Last edited by Angels31; 06-14-2016 at 09:54 AM.
Angels31 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote