View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 12:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Brachial6,

You'd written your post quite sometime ago.
I imagine you are doing better now. I hope so.

Just incase, I will briefly mention a protocol which can help with chronic diarrhea. First of all, it's very important to be sure there is no pathogen causing the chronic diarrhea. More and more a pathogen named c.difficile is a problem. It's important to seek medical attention.

I had done some research a few years ago on this problem.
I found a doctor specializing in chronic diarrhea in people living with HIV.
He had suggested: Imodium AD tablets and the use of Citrucel tablets.
Take 1-2 Citrucel tablets with each meal, which will help to form a more solid bolus. Imodium will help to stop the diarrhea. Do not eat dairy while trying to stop the diarrhea.

I have suggested this protocol to several people. They had ongoing diarrhea for varied reasons. Mostly, their bowels had gotten into a pattern and had continued on. This protocol had interrupted the pattern and had "normalized" their bowel function within a week or so.

While many medical people suggest a BRAT diet (bananas, rice, apples, tea), the BRAT diet has not proven helpful in any studies.

I have found a diet of rice (white or brown) and lean protein most helpful with the above mentioned protocol of Imodium and Citrucel. Most people I have seen do this protocol have gone back to their usual diet within 5-10 days.
It's important, in my own humble opinion, to also add a probiotic.

I hope this is helpful to someone reading this thread.

Love All Around,

DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brachial6 (06-20-2016)