Thread: Update time
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 09:40 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsac View Post
Hi there! I haven't been on in a while also.

I really hope something comes up!! Good luck!

As for myself, I'm still plugging along. The neuropathy has switched from painful to mostly losing sensation to touch all over my body-head to toe. It feels so odd to be touched-I can feel it, but it is weird and muted.

Finding the cause for me is basically at a stand still and I've accepted that, because it is most assuredly due to autoimmune activity of some kind-so I try to just be healthy and live. I do ok with it-and I can enjoy life this way. I hope I stay this stable.

Oddly, I had a second nerve issue recently. A disk in my neck herniated severely (not sure why-genetics in my family predispose us to bad backs and loose joints), and it was half into my spinal cord and also crushing my C7 root. I lost strength in my tricep. I was operated on at Hospital for Special Surgery a month ago, and the symptoms are much better. I hope to make a full recovery from that-but we'll see.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Did you ever look into Ehlers Danlos syndrome? I understand that it involves joint instability, can run in families and go undiagnosed. It can cause nervous system problems. I will be asking the geneticist about this. I also have hernations at c5-6-7 and it's no joke. Mine aren't worth operating on though. I'm glad you got some relief from the surgery. Always still hopeful for healing.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-14-2016), ElaineD (06-14-2016)