View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 11:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Catra,

I am enjoying your posts.

I, too, have significant challenges with attention. In my case, I know this is influenced by the degree of pain in any given moment, along with some med side-effects.

I need a very quiet, calm space without interruptions in order to focus and concentrate. Sometimes, this works well, other times, not so much.

I have also been an avid reader throughout my lifetime. However, I now find it difficult, if not impossible to read books. I have this problem with audio books as well. I retain the most watching video and seeing visual cues along with the audio. I have to be deeply interested in the subject matter, as well. I try to watch movies now and then and I lose track so many times. I am constantly rewinding and trying to find the spot where my mind skipped out. Lol. I also skip out of paying attention at the theatre sometimes.

I do much better, cognitively, with fewer meds on board. I know it's a trade-off and while I don't like the foggy headed feeling, I sometimes need the break when pain is severe for too long. Other times, I choose to endure more pain and have less fog. Yet, too much pain or meds needed to help with pain, both cause me some cognitive slowing/fog.

It's fun to hear about you and your daughter.
I am glad you have found a reading alternative that allows you to continue to enjoy books.

Love All Around,

DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (06-14-2016), maygin (06-19-2016), St George 2013 (06-18-2016), zinnia (06-15-2016)