View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 08:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My neurosurgeon at first must have thought I was nuts, my pain was more pronounced in my right leg, while the MRI showed more pain should be occurring in my left leg. The EMG showed PN and nerve pain from my back. It was the myelogram that gave the surgeon the answer why why right leg had more pain. I had L3-4-5 fused last summer.

He told me a couple interesting things:
1. My MRI was really like most men my age (60), many people with worse looking MRI's don't have pain. It all depends what nerves a compressed, pinched etc
2. Most people he does the procedure on the pain in their feet is gone in 12 months. Going in I knew that the chances of that being my case were slim, due to how my PN occurred (see signature line). The good news for me is my back pain is gone and the PN lives on.

Hopefully when your doctor reviews your results he can find something that can provides you relief.
My PN is considered Critical Illness Neuropathy. In October 2010 I left for a golf trip not feeling well, woke up in a hospital 21 days later. I was in an induced coma for treatment of Legioneers Disease. First day out of ICU I noticed the pain in my feet and as they say the rest is history.
MikeK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-18-2016), pinkynose (06-15-2016)