View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 09:29 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I think Mark highlighted in a post a while back about how important getting the right sleep is for toxin removal. I have heard other doctors talk about the critical threshold for sleep, and if it is not reached toxins, etc. remain. For me, there seems to be a critical level of sleep I need, 7 hours, to function. Anything less than that, even 6.5 hours, makes the difference between a day I can function or not.

Mark, I have heard that prolonged rest along with vestibular issues can lead to the sympathetic nervous system somewhat taking over some functions which the higher nervous system would process, i.e. leading to a sensitive fight or flight response?

When I had my concussion and tried to stay in school, plowing through my symptoms, I ended up having panic attacks and sleeping about 3 hours a night. For the longest time I lived in fear of another panic attack, but I slowly came to realize it was just overstimulation to the extreme. I know for certain that all my problems today are because I pushed so hard immediately after my injury, and had no idea what to do.
ConcussedEngineer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Joannetb (06-22-2016)