View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 11:44 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Angels,

My heart aches for you so badly. I know this has been so stressful for you... :/ So now basically the dentists and ENT feel there is something there.

Packing? What packing? Are they referring to the bone graft material? Because any other form of "packing" should not be evident at this time. If it is, then it is a problem as all other materials are basically collagen based and are absorbed by the body.

Did the surgeon leave something in there? Like a piece of tooth or a piece of gauze pad? Is he, and the others, trying to cover something up?

The ENT and an oral surgeon need to discuss their findings together and then with you. Has that happened yet? You have had enough scans and xrays in the last 6 months to diagnose or at least get a game plan on how to move forward with diagnosing this problem.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels31 View Post
Hi Bryanna,
I have gone to another oral surgeon who absolutely was a waste of money. I have had the ct scans and everyone says well maybe there is something in the sinus but we think it is just packing they used when they removed the tooth. Do you think an MRI might be better in seeing if there is some sort of infection left there? . I am beyond frustrated and still feel like something is wrong. I am still having the sinus problems and also nose problems. I really don't know where to turn now. Do you have any suggestions? I am so tired of living with this.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote