View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 02:47 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

KOM,

I am so sorry to hear about your hubby's diagnosis. I know the struggles you are having. The anxiety is doubly hard with PCS. It will be helpful to learn to not feel guilty when asking for help. People want to help.

Try to put together an organizational chart of the various needs your family has. Some of those tasks you may think you can do yourself but if someone else does them, they free you up for other needs. Then, if somebody asks, "What can I do to help ?" You can respond with a specific task. "I haven't had a chance to clean the bathrooms in too long, Could you just do that for me ?" Or, picking up groceries or doing some ironing. You will hopefully be surprised with the 'almost strangers' who offer to help. By having specific tasks rather than vague needs, people can be very effective. A closed Facebook page can be useful. Your friends can help you build a network of allowed Facebook friends that you approve. You don't need or want everybody knowing about your needs.

If you can get a large number of people, each doing a small task, you can keep this moving forward. Being prepared for the extra strain when your hubby has chemo or other treatments by having help at the ready will be good.

I wish you the best as you struggle through this. My heart goes out to you and your family.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote