View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 07:01 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

I would also guess NTOS, but the doc was very short with me and more focused on signing me up for surgery.

I do feel like the PT guy I was/am seeing is good. I've been to 3 of 4 before him so I recognize where he is. He's done some soft tissue and trigger point work. He's also done rib mobilizations. Neither offer much relief. What relief I do get is short lived.

I've had tons of imaging. MRIs of neck, c-spine, chest, shoulder and brain. I've also had a few X-rays and CTs. All have come back as "unremarkable".

I don't know the cause. The best I could figure is that it could have been from running. I didn't exactly have a runners body, and decided to train for a half marathon. I lost of ton of weight in a few months. I've always had poor form when running. I put far more weight on my left side. The chest pain/pressure started first. I took a few weeks off from running and it just went away. Ran a long race one weekend followed by the half the following weekend. The morning after half, the neck pain and light headed feeling started. Chest pain came back, and other problems followed. Three years later.....

I did move on from the first surgeon. He wasn't able to answer my questions and is leaving for a 2 month trip to Greece. I'm on the schedule to see another local Expert 17 August. In the mean time, I'm still in PT and doing to prolotherapy - neither of which is helping yet.
rdotjr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote