View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 09:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How we change/adjust after injury

Almost two years post injury and I will shortly be given a programme by neuro-Physio which I am looking forward to. When describing right side impairment and the number of times you drop, break or damage things he commented giving a logical perspective . . . . but does one do this post accident?

"Take a pot sitting on the bench or stove. You lift the lid before picking up the pot thus determining what is or isn't in it thus determining how one is going to lift it, one hand or two."
Oh how I smiled, the light bulb going on! Post accident one doesn't stop and think and lift the lid before moving pot. One just picks up pot; one second it is in my hand, next minute it's gone.

Training myself to stop and think before acting has not been easy, before one seemed to do this seamlessly, not so now. Just another facet of adjustment one has to make but at least I am becoming more aware of it, to say nothing of multi tasking. Now that is a topic in itself, so many burnt offerings as meals. One almost acquired a taste for charcoal . . . comparatively speaking, improvement noted.
chasann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote