View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 04:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
just having to take meds too often and diminishing affect. passed the dbs mental and physical tests. was a little hesitant to do this since i don't have a long term care giver if anything goes wrong but i figured i'm going to get worse, do it now while i'm in good health and have the support i'll need for recovery, i'll have to face this dilemma by just getting older and not just for pd. i'm 62 and i don't see anything better on the horizon for at least the next 5 years so no point in worrying about a DBS preventing me from getting into a clinical trial.

i was diagnosed 14 years ago and my medicated UPDRS part 3 score was 9, unmedicated 28, I think 25 is the cuttoff. What this test fails to measure is mental fatigue which is a major symptom i have, rigidity the other. i hope i can reduce my l-dopa significantly and that will help the fatigue.
Hello Soccertese, I am very happy for your decision, I'm going for DBS in July. I also believe that, at this day, is the only valid chance for those with Parkinson's disease and no longer respond sufficiently to drugs (average 10+ years). I would to ask you what device you will use, Medtronic or Boston Scientific or something else.
Best wishes.

Born in 1969, diagnosed PD in 2007, first symptoms 2004. DBS in July 2016.
sim00 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
soccertese (06-16-2016)