Thread: Hi, I'm back!
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 06:19 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizaJane View Post
Hi All,

Some of you may be old-timers who know me, but I've not been on the forum in ages, so I may be a new face to most of you.

I had idiopathic sensory and autonomic neuropathy for years before I was diagnosed with Lyme, and did great with treatment. I made up the lizajane.org charts that people use to help navigate through diagnosis for neuropathy and Lyme.

Lately, I've had issues: fatigue, a finicky leg, odd stuff. But odd stuff ha7s been my history, and nothing lasts and I generally end up doing ok.

Because of my recent odd stuff--when I get tired, my foot gets floppy--my neuro ordered some new tests, and the GAD65 came back very abnormal.

Can this not be awful news? Anybody here understand this auto-antibody enough to tell me something reassuring?

I do get IVIG, and I'm hoping that somebody whose antibodies were in the IVIG had this, and not me.

LizaJane

Hi there. That antibody is to test for autoimmune endocrine illnesses, mainly diabetes...but others as well. One involving thyroid I think. Here's a link with some info on it. I have autoimmune endocrine problems, so my doc runs this on me frequently.

GD65S - Overview: Glutamic Acid Decarboxylase (GAD65) Antibody Assay, Serum
ellsac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (06-17-2016), DejaVu (06-16-2016), LizaJane (06-16-2016)