View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 08:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

First...PT is good...so there's that.

The fact that the dr never heard of LDN isn't in and of itself a "bad" thing...but how was the reaction to the mention of it? Did the dr blow it off or sound interested like they would look into it.

All the other stuff makes me, personally, nervous and I would keep looking. Start the PT...but look for another dr. I recommend Dr Lubenow at Rush in Chicago. I've only seen him the once because my 2nd appointment go rescheduled due to work comp...but he seemed very knowledgeable and I left the appointment with hope. Now...did he tell me everything I wanted to hear? No. Was there other stuff that frustrated me like his staff? Yes...the history portion with the resident was a joke. But the dr I have faith in that he will be able to help me...and it doesn't sound like you have that with this dr.

Not every dr works for everyone...you need to find a dr you feel can help your daughter. If you feel that the current dr is the one who can help her...then stay. But if you don't feel that then keep looking and don't waste time with a dr that you feel isn't a good fit and keep looking. But absolutely DO start the PT.

Those are my thoughts...others may disagree. But I have wasted too much time in the past with drs who couldn't or wouldn't help me...and I knew it in my gut before any tangible evidence presented itself.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-16-2016)