View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 03:06 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

The heat is killing me, I'm also here in southeast ga, the heat isn't even the worst of it, but it's sooo humid and no breezes . Even the pool we bought for the GB is more like a hot tub right now, so it isn't helping to cool anyone down. I never thought I'd be happy for a sick GB but at least it's keeping her inside during the heat. The poor thing got dehydrated at some point and mommy's diet of quick foods and not much liquids got a blockage started in her little belly .

She's still bouncing and running around, doctor's cure for it is lots of juices, fruit and whole grains. No cheese, milk, bread or processed foods. Which works great for while she's at my house. In this heat about all I want to eat is fruit and salads. Nothing cooked... Too hot for it. But I do worry about the GB when she goes back home to mommy. My DSD doesn't have much money nor experience in budgeting so getting the kid what she needs at home, I find myself sending the GB home with little baggies of fruit and veggies from the garden.
bddouglas (06-17-2016)