View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 04:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Am I having Seizures (simple partial motor)?

So Dearest NeuroTalk Angels,

I think I'm having simple partial seizures. Do any of you have these?

Today shaking on my left side, my arm, shoulder, hand. The shaking (tremor? seizure?) lasted about 10 seconds. The shaking happened about 20 seconds after I stood up and I had some preliminary dizziness.

This has happened about once a week for the past 6 months or so.

Today I tried to stabilize myself on a counter, with my left hand (I am left handed), but could not due to the shaking so I chose to fall to the floor.

My husband was in the room and insisted that I tell my neurologist about this because it concerned him, of course.

I know that my neurologist ordered EEGs, both for one hour and also overnight, both with normal findings.

I take 3600 mg of gabapentin already. I doubt if there is any possible intervention or need for diagnosis.

I have profound PN and also SFN. I am Immune Deficient with IVIG every 4 weeks.

I am 74.

This is what it seems like (taken from Johns Hopkins website: Simple Partial Seizures | Types of Seizures | The Johns Hopkins Epilepsy Center

Motor – A simple partial seizure with motor symptoms will affect muscle activity, causing jerking movements of the foot, face, arm, or another part of the body. Physicians can diagnose which side of the brain is affected by observing which side of the body experiences symptoms (left brain controls right side, right brain controls left side).

It is, indeed, always something.

Hugs, Elaine
ElaineD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (06-22-2016)