View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 10:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Great Job Advocating for Your Daughter!

Hi Blueberry,

I am glad your daughter was offered PT. I agree it's important to start PT pronto.

I also agree with the fact that some doctors have an open mind and will consider treatment options they have not before considered, once they understand the science behind the approach.

At the same time, some doctors are very close-minded and will not budge.

My PCP doctor is one of the most intelligent, most caring doctors I have ever met. I have known him for over 20 years. He gave me a very odd look today when I had mentioned LDN. Lol. In his case, it only means he has not yet learned about this. When he does learn about this, he will prescribe. I know him well. I agree with Catra, in that we can often "work with" doctors and some will research our requests/suggestions and will provide the needed prescription(s) or referrals, etc.

I hope you have a "gut feeling on this" with this doctor?

Becca, too, has made excellent points:
Is your daughter comfortable on Lyrica?
If she is still uncomfortable, it's important to look into increasing her level of comfort asap.

I am not convinced any doctor can honestly predict the course of CRPS.
I think the doctor made that strong statement in an effort to make a mental impression upon your daughter, hoping to influence your daughter's (and your) belief system. Some would feel this is dishonest, while others totally understand the doctors wish to assist in healing by using positive thinking, so to speak. Many doctors use this approach often, trying to influence patients with a positive message, even when the doctor knows things could go either way. It's an effort to make things go in an as positive way as possible.

I hope to hear your daughter is doing better with each passing day.

I am impressed with your ability to advocate for her.
I have seen too many children left without the advocacy they have needed.
Thanks for being You, a concerned, motivated, responsible parent!

With Love, Hope and Admiration,
DejaVu

DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blueberry (06-17-2016), catra121 (06-17-2016)