Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 08:18 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

My husband and I bought a town-house style condo about year after we were married. We lived there for only a few months before I was diagnosed with MS, and about a year before I had to stop working. With the loss of my income, and the cost of COBRA and my medical care, we couldn't afford to pay the mortgage anymore and were forced into a short sale. The funny thing is over the course of the 7 years or so we've been at this ****** apartment, our rent is much more expensive than the mortgage payment was. We were just in a terrible spot at the time of the MS diagnosis. The cost of the COBRA alone was ridiculous, and I couldn't be without insurance.

Our lease here is up for renewal, and we have to sign by July 1st. If we had the money, and I had my way, we'd be out of here. My husband wants the new AC we've been waiting for since last year (I doubt he'll get his way by then). We probably shouldn't be running the one we have because it's an electrical hazard, among other things. I want a new bathroom ceiling because there's a lot of water damage that they've just been spraying. The stains keep coming back and now the ceiling is cracking and falling apart.

Now that I'm on the move I can't believe I was able to sit here stagnant for so long, but I am really pushing it doing too much. I'm definitely taking full advantage of my independence and the opportunity to do what I want. At the present, I think I'm trying to find ways to occupy myself to block out the noise because I'm doing mindless sedentary things as well. It's working to a point, but my body is suffering. I was absolutely exhausted yesterday doing nothing, and this morning I'm still hung over from Wednesday, but I was up at 6:30am again because that's habitual.
I haven't decided if I'm going to go food shopping or not today. I have to take inventory. I will only go if necessary. If I do go, I will be leaving everything but the perishables in the trunk for my husband to take care of.
I am not going to go to the club today, so I guess I'm skipping a week again, but I'm okay with that.

I am LOVING that Keurig! There is a temperature adjustment on it so I can brew a cup of coffee I can drink immediately! After registering it, the company gave me a coupon code for 1/2 off up to 5 packages of K-cups with free shipping. I did the math, and it will save me a lot of dough, so I will definitely be taking advantage of that offer. I just have to choose 5 boxes out of 209 options
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-21-2016), Dmom3005 (06-18-2016), eva5667faliure (06-17-2016), Mari (06-17-2016), mymorgy (06-17-2016)