View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 10:09 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Janie. Did you use a 75-gram glucose drink for your 1 hour test or did you just eat a normal breakfast? I had a 2 hour post fast test after eating breakfast and I'm wondering about the reliability of the test as my breakfast didn't contain much sugar (including food that converts to sugar.) I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. . And for your information I think just you are terrific.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janieg View Post
My 1 hour level is 181. Two hours is 71.

My new primary care physician wanted to to know whether I had ever been declared pre-diabetic by a doctor, or whether I had just declared myself one.

Yeah, just me.

Numbers Matter: 1-Hour Post Prandial Glucose Possible Predictor of Prediabetes Risk

"Previous studies have suggested that the 1-hour glucose level above 155 mg/dL is a better predictor of progression to diabetes than the 2-hour level. The researchers conclude that present findings, in conjunction with the other observations, suggest that individuals at high risk for developing diabetes could be identified earlier by measuring the 1-hour postload glucose level."

"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-18-2016), janieg (06-17-2016)