View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 01:14 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliejayne View Post
And what has been done about all these broken bones. That is not normal. MG can make you fatigued, but is unlikely to cause broken bones.

Asthma, does she actually have asthma, or have the doctors simply taken the short easy route of prescribing inhalers. I am concerned because you said steroid inhalers, that added to predisolone, one has to wonder if, especially with a child, an overuse of steroids is causing the bone issues.

I am assuming and hoping that her paediatric consultant has investigated and considered all of these factors. But you never know.
I did wonder if her bones had become weak to steroid inhalers but she had broken several before she went on inhalers, but weak muscles don't support your bone structure properly either. No it isn't normal to break bones like she has done but the Drs aren't interested. The only tests they have ever done with asthma is the peak flow test!! I asked the paediatric consultant about her having a pulmonary lung function test, he said he is going to refer her to a different neurologist and do further investigations, and that she needs to get sorted out asap the paediatric consultant is the only dr who has been interested in her symptoms and was the one who told us she definitely had a positive blood test for mg. hers was a 7 and mine was a 5 so Higher than mine. It will probably take about 6 months for anything to be done knowing the NHS.
Thanks for your reply
vickypanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote