Thread: Hi, I'm back!
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 06:35 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Not a lot--

--that I hadn't already listed in private email; chief among them is that the titer is so high comparatively that it might be a lab error and the test is definitely worth running again.

Many of us have experienced lab errors in the past. Way back in the more acute phase of my neuropathy I had a test for islet cell antibodies come up positive with a pretty high level--speaking of Type I diabetes--in a series of tests in which there was no other evidence of it. So we ran it again over the next three weeks--twice--and it was negative both times. And it's never been positive since (I have it run every few years).

One thing that was interesting about that time is that the test result was delayed several days beyond the time for the other test results. I sometimes wonder if that kind of situation reflects a lab misplacing or otherwise goofing up a sample . . .

(BTW, just has my annual basic blood work done--very good, and I am particularly proud that I've gotten my hemoglobin A1c back down to 5.5 from 5.9. Type II diabetes does run in my family and it will be a lifelong struggle to keep those glucose levels low. Diet and weightlifting--building muscle, which is less insulin resistant than many other types of body tissue--seem to work at least somewhat for me.)
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (06-18-2016), DejaVu (06-18-2016), KnowNothingJon (06-18-2016)