Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 07:40 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

It's gotten to the point now where I know I'm going to have to see my pdoc about my anxiety issues. The klonopin is helping, but the frequency and persistence of my symptoms is concerning. Yesterday was terrible, and this morning isn't starting out well. I'm also having an overlap of PTSD, OCD, intrusive thoughts (pdoc calls it a "ball")… I'm just a ****ing mess when I wake up and/or the klonopin starts to wear off. I'm tempted just to add the extra 50mg of seroquel myself at this point so that I'm not experiencing these symptoms at all.

I woke up with a junky cough and some sinus issues. Yay! I had some Mucinex DM laying around and took that this morning. Hopefully it will work some magic and this problem will disappear. It's my allergies… aside from the allergra (I can't take anymore) has worked.

Thank you for that link Mari. That was good work by CNN, and written for everyman so it can be widely understood. There was nothing said on air during that particular Fox segment that would mitigate the damage done by the anchor's comment. BTW, I'm sorry I ran away with your thread

We have multiple problems aside from the bathroom ceiling and the AC unit. We call and they just slap bandaids on. You get tired of calling. Those are just the 2 biggies. On Monday I'm going to reload the laundry card and will stop by the office to ask about the new lease. I'm also going to ask for the ETA on the AC unit. I'll show the office manager pictures of the BR ceiling while I'm there and tell her it's time for a permanent fix.

I did do the food shopping yesterday, but I got a late start. I got lucky and my husband was home by the time I got back so I only had to carry 2 light bags I was feeling crappy so even though I went to the butcher shop yesterday and I ended up making hot dogs and french fries for dinner.

My husband needs new work boots, so the plan for today is to get that over with. He's super quick. Nobody wants to go shoe shopping with me. I'm terrible. My brother is 8 years younger than me. When I had custody of him (he was 13-15), it was an actual punishment. I'm not kidding.

We swapped the placements of the cat condos, and they're both getting more use now. Buddy is spending half of the morning on a perch behind me instead of climbing all over me, and that's a welcome change because he can get obnoxious. I weighed the cats the other day because Dottie clearly gained weight (4 lbs, so now she's at 21). I was surprised that Rocky lost weight (26 lbs to 23). Buddy stayed about the same at around 7 lbs. I hadn't weighed them in years. Dottie won't eat people food, or even cat treats, and I never see her eat, so I don't know how she got so fat. I keep feeling her up for tumors, but she feels absolutely solid all over. The other two will eat anything.

I'm thinking about hiding some of the toys for a while. We have about 8-10 of them. They're all over the apartment. I put them away, and as soon as I stop vacuuming, get in the shower, or walk out the door (i.e./ to get the mail) Rocky drags them all out again.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-21-2016), Dmom3005 (06-18-2016), eva5667faliure (06-18-2016), Mari (06-18-2016), mymorgy (06-18-2016)