View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 08:11 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan Cyclist View Post
Soccertese, this is a tough one. The temptation is to tell you that all will be well because you are such a strong person. But it seems to me that "being well" is as much a state of mind as it is a state of body. We obviously don't know how your body will react, but, as one person told me when I was diagnosed with PD, we know you have grit. My experience is that grit takes a person a long way, and in your case, I perceive exceptional grit. My thoughts and best wishes are always with you.
thanks nan, just got tired of taking pills and not being able to eat like a normal person because of protein interference. my neuro had been briefly mentioning it as the "3rd option" every time i got worse for the last 2 years but what made me finally decide was that in the last 3 months a new symptom kicked in, slight intermittent rigidity in 1 foot at times progressed in to rigidity in both feet when OFF, happened almost overnight, and before that i could be OFF a little and still be able to walk, drive, etc. but no more, with thIS new symptom, if i wanted to be ambulatory, had to take meds every 2-3 hours which was was causing too low BP at times and that made DBS an opportunity that i felt lucky to have. DBS became a "no-brainer". have been watching YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN for tips on recovery after the surgery.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote