View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 11:41 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Mat,
Good you are having a colonoscopy soon. It can be nothing serious but the rectal bleeding may or may not be hemorrhoids. That's what I assumed when I went to the ER for impacting/constipation. Afterwards it was decided that since I was cleaned out, I should have my first colonoscopy. Unfortunately I did not heed the warnings about having colonoscopies after age 50. Something that might have been easy to take care of early became serious.

You have a lot going on; hopefully this new hospital will provide you with some answers.

Gerry
Gerry I'm grateful to you for warning me not to be too laid back. I've been pushing for a colonoscopy for about five months but it's taken this long to get there. I have this procedure on 30th of this month. I know something isn't right at all because I'm hugely bloated and uncomfortable. Fingers crossed its something easy to address or IBS. The GP felt it was unlikely for someone over 50 to develop IBS but I've had lots of stress recently. My main fear us Multiple Myeloma because it is incurable. However it would explain the SFN and my wonky markers. Mat

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (06-20-2016)