View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 02:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hoping You Are Increasingly Comfortable

Hi 89danboy,

Thanks for sharing with us.
I am sorry for your suffering. Gentle cyber

Will you be getting another infusion soon?
I am wondering if the lidocaine infusion is supposed to take further effect with additional infusions? (I am sorry, I don't know your whole history.)

Catra has mentioned "desensitization." I have found it important for me to work on desensitization as often as possible. I try to keep a regular daily schedule of working on this.

When allodynia is as severe as you are relating, it can feel so devastating!

I have this often, too. There have been prolonged periods when it felt like nobody could touch me. There are many different types of "touch," for sure.

I have found learning "energy or vibrational medicine" types of techniques very helpful to preparing the area to be eventually touched physically, when the pain response feels too strong for any type of touch.

I am referring to Reiki and other similar modalities. Reiki seems to be the modality most people recognize. (I was a huge skeptic of these types of modalities. I had eventually challenged some practitioners to see what they could do to convince me otherwise. Lol. I was very ignorant as to how helpful these modalities can be with pain, etc. I have since learned a few of these types of modalities.)

I have found I can do this for myself. I have also found I can tolerate more touch with bodywork practitioners offering these types of modalities, in addition to their PT, massage, trigger point work, etc. The process I have found helpful: Employ Reiki or a similar modality first and then slowly/gently begin touching skin, very often getting deeper into tissue, with a very gradual approach.

I hope you find some additional ways to become more comfortable.

(I am not sure which meds you have found helpful, which approaches you have found helpful, if any? Do you use any topical lidocaine? Any topical magnesium? Other substances or approaches which help?)

I hope you feel much more comfortable soon.

With Love and Concern,
DejaVu

DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Inspiretoday (06-18-2016)