Thread: Form 455
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 09:56 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Actually, to qualify for SSDI, it isn't that you can't work, it's that you can't work at the SGA level. There are claimants that work under the SGA level prior to approval that are still awarded benefits. And there are beneficiaries that work under SGA after being approved. SS encourages beneficiaries to test their ability to work with the goal of having them make SGA. For those that can work at the SGA level, but work less to retain benefits, the Long Form CDR process is supposed to help uncover them.
There is NO way I can work full time - not with the condition I have - I cannot turn my head due to fusion from my skull to c-4 then the other conditions I have, I also cannot just lay around all day either. It's not healthy mentally, socially, nor physically - that's why I'm attempting work.
I think it's important to at least try to work - I don't know if I'll be successful at this attempt but at least I'm making the effort to see if it will work for me.
I'm not trying to game the system. I'm just trying to see if I *can* work too.
I also don't want to lose my benefits because TTW did not answer my emails/phone calls when I did attempt to contact them.
CM Bailey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote