View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 11:59 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Angels,

The ENT may not be able to distinguish if there are root tips OR he may NOT want to be the one to tell you that he thinks that may be the problem. In all likelihood, he would prefer not to step on the surgeons toes and let the oral surgeon do the informing. It is not unusual for ENT's and OS's to collaborate on cases like yours because more often than not both of their expertise is needed to treat the patient properly.

Therefore, please, please tell the ENT to confer with the oral surgeon to come up with mutual diagnosis as to what could be going on.... to determine which one of them should tell you what is going on .... and to determine which one of them (if not both) should treat the problem and how.

If you do not make that request and let them both know that you EXPECT them to collaborate on your case, then you will continue to go in circles.

I really cannot help you any further until you get them to collaborate. This is not an unusual request from a patient ... but there are times, when the patient needs to insist upon it.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels31 View Post
Hi Bryanna,
I have an appointment with the ENT on Friday. I really feel like there is something left after the tooth removal that is causing this problem. Can an oral surgeon go back in and open up the site and check? This is ridiculous, I have been miserable for over a year and nobody will listen to me. I am going to ask the ENT if he is 100 percent sure the roots are gone. I hope he listens to me. I am really at my wits end with this.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote